Our code will need to be placed in two places within your Nexternal store and you will need to obtain your unique codes from us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Navigate to the CartStack Setup page and select 'Nexternal' from the Website Platform drop-down box.
2. In the Confirmation Page URL field, enter '/nexternal'. Click Review My Integration.
At this point, someone from the CartStack team will be in touch to provide you with your unique tracking and confirmation codes that Nexternal will require for the next steps. If you do not get a response from the CartStack team within 24 hours, email us directly at email@example.com. Continue to Step 3 when you have an email with your unique codes.
3. Copy the Tracking Code provided from CartStack and paste it into your Nexternal Order Management System in Settings / Policies, Addenda and Disclaimers > Edit / Tracking Code. Select Tracking Code Position 'End of Head'.
4. Copy the confirmation code provided by CartStack and place it into your Nexternal Order Management System in Settings / Policies, Addenda and Disclaimers > Edit / Order/Affiliate Addendum. Click Finish in the Nexternal OMS. Select Tracking Code Position 'End of Head'.
Nexternal SMS Setup:
- In your Nexternal OMS navigate to Customers and click the Preferences blue button at the top.
- Scroll down until you see the “Customer Custom Fields” section:
- Using the first available custom field (after skipping past all the fields you may already have populated), create a custom customer field as follows, with the words “I would like to receive SMS messages” as the field name:
- Then click finish at the bottom of the page, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you have created a yes/no customer custom field in your Nexternal OMS to enable SMS messaging opt ins.
Nexternal Push Notifications Setup:
- You must be using a domain alias in your Nexternal store (for example: shop.yourdomain.com, store.yourdomain.com, etc.) in order to activate push notifications. If you are not, you must set
one up before you can activate push notifications (Settings > Edit Site Options > Domain Alias).
- Download the file located here and save it on your hard drive.
- Click Choose Files (or your browser may say Browse or something else), to select the file you downloaded in Step 1 above.
- Once you have chosen the file from your hard drive, click Import at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, email email@example.com letting us know that you have uploaded the required file to enable push notifications. IMPORTANT – in this email, you must include:
- The bold URL that you see in your OMS (sample seen in above screenshot – but yours will show your own account name.)
- Your domain alias (shop.yourdomain.com, store.yourdomain.com, etc.)