How CartStack Handles the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
What is the CCPA?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a state statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States. The intentions of the Act are to provide California residents with the right to:
- Know what personal data is being collected about them.
- Know whether their personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- Say no to the sale of personal data.
- Access their personal data.
- Request a business to delete any personal information about a consumer collected from that consumer.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights.
Who does the CCPA affect?
The CCPA applies to any business, including any for-profit entity that collects consumers' personal data, which does business in California, and satisfies at least one of the following thresholds:
- Has annual gross revenues in excess of $25 million;
- Buys, receives, or sells the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers or households; or
- Earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information.
How is CartStack handling the CCPA?
CartStack is fully CCPA compliant. We collect and store your customer's email address, device information and transactional/logging information for use in your CartStack campaign data and this information is never sold or distributed to any 3rd party. At any point, our client's or client's customers can reach out to us at email@example.com for access to, or request removal of, their data.
How does the CCPA affect my campaign?
All CartStack campaigns are fully CCPA compliant. Unsubscribe links are located at the bottom of every email that gets sent and if any customer requests access or removal of their data from our servers, they can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for that request.
Does CartStack sell my customer's data?
No! The only information of your customers that are stored on CartStack servers is their email address, device information, and transactional/logging details. We will never sell or distribute customer data to any 3rd party service.