Troubleshooting Errant Emails
Description: If one of your customers receives an email from us after they've completed their purchase, there is something keeping your site from passing CartStack a confirmation for the completed purchase.
- Check to make sure the CartStack code snippet on the code page of your CartStack account is in the global header of your site.
- Check to make sure you entered the correct thank you page URL on the code page of your CartStack account. If you're not sure what the URL is for your thank you page, complete a test purchase on your site and copy the URL from the page that loads after the purchase is completed. If you make a change to the URL, contact us to let us know.
- Did any recipients of errant emails complete their purchases with PayPal? If so, please view the instructions on this page.
- If the confirmation emails you send to customers after they complete their purchases contain the customers' email address, you can set up email confirmation. Contact us, and we'll give you a custom email address to BCC all of your confirmation emails to so our system has a second way of knowing when a purchase has been completed.
- Advanced solution: If there is a developer on your team, they can set up Server Side Confirmation, which will allow our system to know when a purchase is completed without depending on how our code loads in your customers' browser.
- If you've worked through this troubleshooting checklist and your CartStack account is still sending errant emails, please contact us at email@example.com.